Astral Byte is happy to announce that Heldric – The legend of the shoemaker will release on Steam April 17th. It’s been a very long road for Heldric, but he is now able to share his epic story with you. The first release will be on Steam with other platforms soon to follow. Can’t wait to get your hands on it? Grab the demo and check it out now.
Do you enjoy hack-n-slash but longed for a bit more? Maybe you like tower defense games but find them a bit boring? Heldric is a unique mix of the same old styles of game with a few new twists. A hack-n-slash without endless level grinding. A tower defense game with more action. A game where you don’t play as an epic hero, but as a humble shoemaker who must work together with his fellow villagers to defend their home.
Build and upgrade the village quickly before the attack waves start. Each building you place adds unique abilities to not only the player’s character, but your fellow villagers as well. You must choose your structures wisely, as there are only a limited amount of plots to build. Each villager contributes to your coin income and provides essential help in defending the town.
You must help defend against waves of monsters intent on killing everyone. Do you have what it takes to survive?
- Build and upgrade town structures each with their own bonus effects
- Defend the village against monstrous waves of evil attacks
- Protect the kingdom one village at a time in campaign mode
- Randomized villagers, each with different amount of courage and weapon knowledge
- Randomized monsters, each with different armor parts and weapons
- Smash, kick, puncture and explode the enemy to send their corpse flying with rag-doll effects
- Place explosive powder kegs as traps, or drop them in a group like grenades
- Experience many rich and unique environments
- Earn achievements from your success
Watch Heldric’s story
Read more about Heldric – The Legend of the shoemaker.